Every spring, you need your irrigation system maintained to make sure your water lines are in good shape and your sprinkler heads are pointing in the right direction. Plus, we make sure any broken or missing parts are fixed.
At Denver Landscapes, we will inspect your sprinkler system one time in the spring and one time in the summer. We’ll check to make sure your irrigation system is working so there is no wasted water or run-off is occurring on your property.
Here are some common problems we look for and repair during our maintenance visits:
- Poor sprinkler coverage
- Clogged nozzles
- Leaking pipes
- Sunken or tilted sprinkler heads.
We also provide spring start-up services. We’ll perform the following services in the spring:
- Turn on your sprinkler system
- Reset the controller
- Check and adjust the pop-up and rotary heads
- Make sure your drip irrigation systems are in good working order.
Please make an appointment in early fall to set up your sprinkler system blow out to close your system for the winter. We charge $54.50 for the first four zones and $4/zone for the rest of your system.
Water Feature Maintenance
To keep your pond looking its best throughout the year, we recommend that you hire us to take care of it as well as your other water features. We provide the following maintenance services:
- We’ll check your pond plants to make sure they’re healthy and alive.
- We’ll check your filters. We’ll change clogged and dirty filters with fresh ones so your water continues to be clear and algae-free.
- We’ll clean your pond so you have clear water.
- We’ll test your waterfall and fountains to make sure there are no water leaks, the lights are working and the water is clear.
- We’ll add lighting to your pond, waterfall and fountains so you and your family can enjoy them in the evenings as well as during the day.
- We’ll take care of your plants and/or koi and make suggestions for their feeding and health care.
Lawn Health Care
At Denver Landscapes, we don’t mow lawns. However, we provide lawn maintenance services to keep your turfgrass looking its best all season long.
We provide the following lawn maintenance services:
- Aeration: We use an aerator that pulls 4” plugs of soil from the ground. These plugs will dissolve back into the ground the next time it rains or you water your lawn.
When we aerate your soil, we’re allowing moisture and oxygen to go into the soil while allowing carbon dioxide to be released from it. After aeration, we’ll offer Revive that helps your lawn to retain moisture and develop deep root systems that support your turf during the hot, dry summer months.
- Fertilization: We use top quality granular fertilizer specifically designed for the Denver, CO region. We provide five fertilizations per season in March, May, July, September and early November. We also apply iron to your turfgrass in August to keep your lawn looking green and thick during the hottest part of the summer.
- Insect control: We treat small ornamentals for pest such as aphids, slugs, mites, carpenter worms, beetles and moths with systemic or selective pesticides including neem oil, a natural, organic method for pest control.
- Power raking: We provide power raking services in mid-April and again in the late fall. Our vertical rakes dethatch your lawn, so more air, light and moisture can penetrate into the soil. Dethatching your lawn also helps it resist disease and insect infestation.
- Weed control: We recommend weed control applications every five to six weeks to keep your lawn weed-free. At Denver Landscapes, we apply a broadleaf weed control that won’t hurt your turfgrass, but will control dandelions, clover and other broadleaf weeds. We also use a professional brand weed control to spray on weeds growing in the cracks in your driveway, sidewalk, patio and other outdoor areas. We apply fall weed control to keep annual and perennial weeds from coming back the following spring.
Leaf Cleanup & Removal
It’s vital to get your leaves off of your lawn before it starts snowing and keeping the rest of your property looking tidy. We’ll remove leaves from your property including
- All of your flowerbeds
- Under and around shrubbery and trees
- On your driveway
- On your yard.
Plant Health Care
You invested a lot of money to create a unique landscape with various ground covers, perennials, shrubs, and trees. You want them to continue to beautify your property for many years.
At Denver Landscapes, we provide holistic and preventative maintenance for all of your landscaped areas. We have licensed, master gardeners on staff who are trained through Colorado State University’s Master Gardener Program.
Our master gardeners will visit your home every week or on a bi-weekly basis to
- Inspect your plants for disease or insects
- To instruct you on best irrigation practices
- To fertilize your plants
- To apply disease or insect controls if needed
- To prune your hedges, shrubs and ornamental trees.
Why Master Gardeners?
Master gardeners are passionate about gardening, landscaping and lawn care.
Our master gardeners received their training through Colorado State University, where they learned about
- Herbaceous plants
- Indoor and outdoor plants
- Lawn care
- Native plants
- Integrated pest management
- Fertilizer management
- Plant diseases
- Plant propagation
- Soil health
- Weeds and invasive plants
- Woody ornamentals.
In addition to taking care of Denver Landscapes’ customers, our master gardeners also provide information to the public through
- Public speaking events
- Writing articles for print publication and the Interne
- Partnering with other community programs, gardens and educational facilities where they maintain community and historic gardens.
Snow Removal Services
When winter hits with a vengeance, and the snow starts to swirl, you can count on Denver Landscapes to provide your home with snow removal services at any time of the day or night.
Our crews start working at 2:00 a.m. or after one inch of snow has fallen. We’ll return to your property again if there are additional inches of snow that fell after we visited your property the first time.
We provide the following snow and ice removal services:
- We’ll plow your driveways and parking lots.
- We’ll shovel your sidewalks and walkways.
- We’ll remove snow from any hardscape surface requested including your patio, steps and front porch.
- We use a variety of snow and deicers to keep your hard surfaces safe to drive or walk on.
- We have a dedicated residential and commercial snow and ice crews who’ll visit your property right away—not after we’ve taken care of our commercial clients first.
If your Denver Metro property needs a personalized maintenance program, then call us today at (720) 855-3964 or fill out our contact form.
Denver Landscapes serves the following Denver Metro suburbs: Castle Rock, Centennial, Cherry Hills, Conifer, Denver, Englewood, Evergreen, Golden, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Morrison, Sheridan, and Wheat Ridge.
Snow Removal Services
Denver Landscapes is ready for it, we track snow storms minute by minute as they move into the Denver area ensuring that we are prepared before the snow even starts flying 24 hours a day with a prompt and safe service.
- Parking lots
- Sand/Salt applications
- Ice removal
Denver Landscapes is here to keep your business running safely during the worst of Denver’s winter weather, sit back and stay warm; we’ll take care of you!
Snow removal services will be done only on a contractual hourly basis and includes shoveling your driveway, all walks and steps, and your entry in a very timely manner. We will start at 2:00 am or after 1 inch or more of snow has fallen to begin a shift, if by the time we finish our route an additional 1 inch has fallen we will return to shovel your property again. We will bill only for the time spent on your yard and each additional service will be billed only as performed. Snow removals will be billed $35 per hour with a one hour minimum for each snow.
We have a dedicated crew for our residential customers unlike others whose residential customers must wait until their commercial jobs are done. Because we do commercial work however we also have a sander, ice-slicer, ice melt, salt & sand mixes, and magnesium chloride are also available, however; we will do nothing but shovel for you unless you specifically request an additional service. Of course you may add or remove any additional service at any time.
- Front end loader – $225.00 per hour (3 hour minimum)
- Hand Shoveling – $39.00 per hour (1 hour minimum)
- Truck with 8’ snow plow – $140.00 per hour (1 hour minimum)
- Snow Blower – $49.00 per hour (1 hour minimum)
- Ice melt – $40.00 per 50 lbs applied
- Skid Steer – $175.00 per hour (3 hour minimum)
- Salt / sand mixtures – $50.00 per ton applied
- Dump Truck to haul off snow – $90.00 per hour
- Ice Slicer – $260.00 per ton
- Truck to apply salt/sand/ice – $95.00 per hour
- Salt/sand/ice Melt/magnesium chloride – $95.00 per ton